Monday, November 13, 2006

GOODS FOR A GOOD CAUSE





My friend Shane McCoy has a cool blog, sacredcity.blogspot.com. There is one item, which made me want to knock her off, so here I am doing it shamelessly. Not only were the products cool, but the money goes to a very good cause. I love these pillow covers that you can buy on their website...they are only $27.95.

The company is called HABA NA HABA.
They provide innovative and sustainable educational and business opportunities to AIDS orphans in Tanzania. Beth Peterson is the rock of this company and in 2001 when she visited Tanzania for the first time while she was volonteering for Habitat for Humanity, she was captivated and felt she needed to do something...get involved.
Its a small company that nurtures local initiatives and empowers young adults, most of them AIDS orphans. Their goal is to build thriving businesses that provide on-the-job training and jobs with fair wages that enable these young men and women to support themselves and create a hopeful future.

website. habanahaba

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are the coolest of all cool pillow cases! No joke. I LOVE elephants (particularly Shree Ganesha--the Hindu deity that removes obstacles); and the zebra pillows are just lovely!!

I'm glad I found your blog! (I found it by way of the navigation bar--you know "Next Blog"...)

:)