Sunday, November 12, 2006

FERRABY LIONHEART


Ferraby Lionheart is a solo artist who resides in LA. I saw Ferraby live with Kevin, my boyfriend and Dan Long (a friend of Kevin's) that is collaborating with this muscian on his new record. Considering that it was a 11pm show at the Troubadour on a Tuesday night, I remember thinking...I hope this guy keeps it brief so that I could cut out of there at a decent hour. To my surprise, I found myself wanting more songs, and wanting the people in the crowd to shut up so that I Could hear the lyrics better.
He is an musical talent that is VERY rare and I know that one day soon, I will be saying to myself, I remember when I saw him locally in LA.
His voice reminds me of Paul McCartney and a little bit of Ben Folds (I agree with Chip Adams review from Wire Magazazine on May 6,2006). His self titled CD, which I purchased for $6.99 on My Space, was worth every penny. After purchasing his CD,
I find myself singing along to his songs when I am alone in the car or shower, which I never do, and there is one song that I keep repeating called "Crack in Time". This guys is going to be a star...he just needs someone to help him get one of his songs into a movie score! SIMPLY MARVELOUS.

Ferrably's Website: ferrabylionheart.com

No comments: