Thursday, November 11, 2010

CONAN O'BRIEN'S BACK


This week was a very special week for me. For some reason, life has not been boring lately.

#1. I was on the Nate Berkus show yesterday, Nov 10, as a very very short segment called HOUSE PROUD. Its a Short segment on ridiculous people boasting about their apartments. Yes, I know, but wouldn't you if they called you to do it?
Anyways, when taping it, I was so nervous (which is really unlike me)... SO nervous, I really feel like I blacked out while still being conscious and standing. I don't recall anything he asked me or what I said, but I do remember feeling like my head was the size of one of those workout balls that you stretch out on at the gym.

I usually don't get nervous when I meet celebrities. Been there done that. I think I have met about 300 celebrities over the last decade and the only people I got really excited about where I studdered a bit when speaking was Bill Gates, Photographer Peggy Sirota when I was 26, and Michael Jordan.

Anyways...focus Sharon...so the point its, this was a special week. It was AWESOME.

#2. Conan O'Brien back on TBS. Love the beard. He looks well rested and having Seth Rogan as his first guest means that he is in buisness. I like his HUGE set, and his 11pm time slot.

I met him in 1999 for a story we were doing at Vanity Fair, and Timothy Greenfield-Sanders was the photographer, and I was the photo editor on that story. I remember going to the studio, laughing from the minute I got there to the minute I left. Somehow, I ended up leaving there with a shot of me on his lap, Riza Cruz, the editor next to him grinning, and Timothy in a group shot with folded arms laughing. He truely is one of the funniest people I have ever met. I met him again a few years later for a shoot for Instyle Magazine where I was the photo editor on. Again, another day of hearty chuckles. He is just one of my favorite celebrities. If you are going to waste an hour, why not do it laughing.

PLEASE...click on the title above. If you have had a HARD DAY TODAY...just watch this video of him interviewing Martha Stewart. Its one of my favorites.

No comments: