Saturday, November 06, 2010

ART AT HOME













I think the most important thing when you are decorating your place as I mention in an earlier post, is the walls. Paint and wallpaper is what I decided to use to give my home a personality but what I forgot to mention is Art up on the Walls!

I have a collection of photographs, illustrations and international post cards that I have collected over the last 10 years. All my travels around the world are up and I am reminded daily of the things I experienced. Also, the photographers that have given me gifts over the last decade, also remind me of an exciting time, which again are up on my walls. We are the Sum of All our Experiences,so my feeling is that if you have a sterile apartment, that looks like a hotel room, consider art. Make it personal. Whether its a post card that you got in Paris, a piece of street art, a piece that you bought at a fancy gallery, perhaps one lost earring from India that bring nice memories in a small frame, your child's drawings collaged, your favorite colorful plates, or a mass produced canvas from Ikea...put something on the walls. It will transform your space and you get to be the curator. Here are some photos to inspire you.

No comments: