Saturday, November 06, 2010

REELSOUNDTRACK



If you are a movie geek like me, you love soundtracks. I watched a Whip it the other day since I bumped into actress Ellen Page in the park walking my dog. I guess my dog, reminded her of her dog, and she asked me what her name was. I quickly became really embarrassed...Should I lie? Make up a new name in fear of thinking I was a some sort of weird LA stalker type? (My dog's name is Juno).
So, I told her, and she laughed.

I rescued "ebony" a few months ago, and I had just watched Juno the night before on HBO. I figured why should I give her an uncool name like Ebony when I could give her a name like Diablo Cody's inspired character named after a Roman Goddess. Enough said, I made a new friend.

Non sequitur... I rented Whip it and the soundtrack was so random. Dolly Parton, Landgon Pigg,The Ramones, Band of Skulls, to Wilson Phillips? Sort of a hot mess in a good way.
This lead me to google it and then I came across this AMAZING BLOG called REELSOUNDTRACK. This dude lists all the tracks to popular movies.

I am attaching the SOCIAL NETWORK LIst, since I liked it so much. Check out the blog by clicking on the title above.

Opening scene at the bar with his girlfriend - Ball And Biscuit – White Stripes
Blogging on Live Journal after breakup - Man Fi Cool – Roots Manuva
(unknown scene) - Dreadlock Holiday – Eric Stewart and Graham Gouldman (performed by 10cc)
Caribbean party – So I Wait – Three Hour Tour
A capella singing group / thefacebook launches – I Swear – UCLA’s Bruin Harmony [ link to original by All-4-One]
(unknown scene) - Like A Bad Girl Should – The Cramps [link to version by the Torpedo Monkeys]
Talk about moving to Palo Alto (?)- Ital Visions – Roots Manuva
Intern coding & drinking contest - California Uber Alles – Dead Kennedys
Swimming pool zipline - West Coast Poplock – Ronnie Hudson
Club with Sean Parker - The Sound Of Violence – Dennis De Laat
Rowing competition in England - In the Hall of the Mountain King Op. 23 – Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross [link to version by San Francisco Symphony Orchestra]
After the rowing competition - Arrival Of The Queen Of Sheba – Lumiere String Quartet
Girls playing videogames - Crazy Baldhead – Bob Marley & The Wailers
(unknown scene) – Hesitation (Instrumental Version) – Exray’s
Zuckerberg in the car with Sean Parker on the way to play trick on Case investments - Underground Rapstar (Post-Mortem Remix) – Cage
Eduardo contract (?) - Bleed Forever – Super Furry Animals
House party - Black Book Lodge – Gluecifer
Tries to add Erica as a friend / end credits - Baby, You’re A Rich Man – The Beatles [cover version of the song]
Original music for The Social Network – Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

No comments: