Thursday, October 28, 2010

A DAY IN NY














Today was such a random exciting day.

This city, as big as it is, is so small. I must have bumped into 20 random people I knew, unscheduled, from my past jobs or random friends today.


It started out going to the Paul Smith Sample Sale. I met an amazing guy named Robert Carruth. He is the General Manager of the Wholesale group for Paul Smith but I think that his calling is in editorial styling. We were just talking and going through all the clothing, and everytime I asked him for his opinion, like a diplomatic champion with calm and easy, he would tell me his thoughts on pieces, like a stylist that had been doing it for years. Estee Stanley, Rachel Zoe, Jennifer Hitgzes, Joe Zee...move over. Robert could easly play with the big boys. He has IMPECCABLE TASTE.

I photographed him at the Paul Smith Sale because he was talent, and the must have's he was pointing out to buy, that of course was 85 percent off retail was a joy. My friend Riza, invited me to the editor only Paul Smith Sample sale, where I went a little nuts.

On the way, I bumped into writer and work collegue Evgenia Peretz, and caught up on things. She was running to meet Tina Chai, another stylist friend at a movie screening. We talked for a bit, and then at my sister's showroom where we were looking at her handbags, (GRYSON), and then bumped into photo agent, Vernon Jolly and Susan Shin who I worked with when I was a Vanity Fair. Vernon was Herb Ritts Agent , and I was the producer for Herb a decade ago.

Onward...then to Extra Virgin in West Village for a quick drink with Riza, moving onto this surreal Arianna Huffington Post party, where we ran into Editor Cynthia Leive who I used to work for, chefs Tom Collichio and Marcus Sammuelson who I had met prior at Shoots for Bon Appetit, writer David Margolick who I worked with at Vanity Fair and might have had a crush on, and then some iconic personalities...like Mayor Bloomberg, Elliot Spitzer, Arianne Huffington, Sean Penn who of course I was afraid to photograph so I passed, Some fun photos to look at. Random.

No comments: