Monday, October 18, 2010

ANITA CALERO







I was fortunate enough to meet and become friendly with an amazing artist named Anita Calero. I was a photo editor for Bon Appetit at the time and I was working in New York overseeing a few photo shoots. Anita had worked with us a few times, and so I figured I would be on set with her for an hour or so and then pop over to another one I had going a few miles away to see another photographer, Con Poulos.
While Anita and I were talking on set, we realized that we had so much in common. She was a former prop stylist turned photographer, both of us being strong sassy gals, we had the same art director at Glamour Magazine named Kati Korpijakko as a first boss. She had her in the late 80's and I was her assistant in the early 90's. This sort of bonded us a bit, and our understanding of each other and the work we did went to a different place cause we both had worked with a very talented and demanding woman, so we both were no joke either when it camed to being trained by the best.

Anita Calero was this strong strikingly gorgeous photographer and I just really respect her work but mostly her interior design talents and her creative mind. Take a look at her home that was just recently featured. There is really nothing like it and she is so very chic,and the ability that she has to purchase random pieces at flea markets or come up with an idea that is so original and have it built is quite extraordinary. She is unique in every sense and if you look at her home, there is nothing you can buy here at CB2 or Design Within Reach. These are all finds that she has carefully handpicked over the years, and composed like a photo. Its brilliant.

No comments: