Sunday, October 24, 2010

BLACK AND BOLD















There is something so thrilling about being able to DESIGN and create a NEW look whether its for an apartment, office, or home. I think I started something here. Change is good. I might carry that into the wardrobe starting today.

Now that I live in LA, I love it, I swear, but I find LA fashion DULL...BORING...LACKING STYLE...NOT STRIKING. Its so sad that people here have to pay people to dress them.

My best friends including my sister are in fashion, mostly fashion editors or in the media and so I have always been around fashionistas. There is no hesitation mixing pattern, or wearing bold colors or mismatching colors or going out on a limb and mixing H&M with Chloe. If they are decked out in all black or just a hanes tee with APC jeans, its head to toe fabulous. An amazing pair of shoes or a new trendy bag that pops usually is involved.

Can I be mean? LA people dryclean too much, wear flipflops, complain about being broke and shop so everything matches. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm just saying...its boring. I don't mean to sound like a know it all, but come on! If your broke, go to a consignment store or log onto GILT.COM. Have kids? Don't blame it on the kids.

Some of us are at the age, where we talk ourselves out of things because its not age appropriate or is it just that we have gotten dull? "I buy solids cause I'll keep these timeless pieces forever"...LIE. Those pieces are in the back of my closet with holes from moths or can't be reached at arm's length.

I'm inspired.

Fashion week for Spring 2011 (Paris and New York) had some cool images, too many to post. Louis Vuitton, Alexander McQueen, Oscar De Laurenta, Blaenciaga, Mui Mui went super CRAZY WITH PATTERN and color. I do love the simplicity and the mellow designs of Richard Chai and Phillip Lim though. I have attached some photos to inspire me and maybe you too.

No comments: