Friday, August 13, 2010

CITYGIRL LOST IN THE CITY




















Such a big city, so little time. I have been having such a blast hanging out with my friends in New York. The last few days have been one cab ride or subway ride to the next.
As I told you in the last posting, my friend Eveline Tarunadjaja, an incredible illustration artist is in town from Melborne Australia and we have been having fun sampling the culinary treats and shopping like madwomen the last two days. She has an agent in New York, you should check out her work...I own 8 pieces and all purchased from her website...www.lovexevol.com).
She has done commissioned illustrations for Hurley, Billabong, Anna Sui and just started her own teeshirt line. BRILLIANT...she is. She takes commissioned work for all of you art directors out there...

SPECIAL TREAT. We went to Chinatown to my FAVORITE restaurant called PEKING DUCK HOUSE (on Mott Street) and met my friend Arthur Chien for a delicious lunch. I have not had duck as good as this place EVER....and the cold sesame noodles are to die for. New York Times agrees.

The day prior, we had lunch at Balathzar (on Spring Street) restaurant where we had the squid salad and the ham and gruyere grilled sandwhich. Pretty tasty. We made our way through APC and Steven Alan, then hit H & M and then stopped in at a friend, Henry's Soho studio. Henry Leutwyler, also an amazing artist. He and I have worked together over the years and his photography is modern, playful, and audacious, just like his personality. I find his no bullshit personality and big heart to be a big factor in why I love him so much!

Ev and I.. big night out to a really crazy Indian restaurant called Panna with Christmas lights all over the ceiling with Bollywood music blasting on 6 street down in the east Village for a 30 minute rushed dinner to make a drink with my friend John Schiumo for drink at Il Bagato.

Phew...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh you! Stop making my head bigger, I've already got the asian moon face. hahaha!
The photos turned up great, Sharon!!
So glad we had some time to hang out, was so much fun!! :)
How crazy is that Indian restaurant?? Hahaha.