Sunday, August 29, 2010

CHOPSTICKS






If you didn't know...I am Korean-American. I use chopsticks for everything when I am at home in place of a fork. Most people don't know this, but Japanese Chopsticks are slightly different from Chinese Chopsticks and Korean Chopsticks. Japanese are more tapered and chinese tend to be thicker and use more bamboo. Koreans are germaphobic, like myself and use stainless steel because it is dish washer safe, and a bacteria free way of using utencils. You don't see people using wood forks or spoons to eat, do you?
This is a great chopstick link for you to see some different styles, and also, buy some for your next Asian dinner party. I use them daily. I have stainless steel for everyday use, and then decorative Japanese for dinner parties. I like the mother of pearl chopsticks which run about $40, but the lacquered ones are cheaper around $4 each ( I find them harder to use). Check it out by clicking on the title above.

No comments: