Wednesday, October 08, 2008

GLOBAL KNIVES




While I was in New York, I stayed with my friend Christina again. She is also an fabulous cook, and so we cooked in alot. She made the most amazing bolognese sauce which is when I first noticed her amazing knives.
We did a few stories on Global when I was at Bon Appetit Magazine so I knew of the brand, but I had never used one. I had the Wusthof brand from Culinary School so never really shopped around for knives. The next evening when I was cooking for the group, I have to say that once you use a global knife, NOTHING IS EVER THE SAME! You have to try these knives!!!!!!!!!!Especially if you are a cook. LIfe changes. I can't recommend these knives more. I just ordered a set. They are on sale!

There are four series of Global knives, G, GS, GF and GSF. The only difference among the series is that the G and GS knives are lighter in weight than the GF and GSF knives. Global knives are manufactured by Yoshikin in Niigata, Japan. They were designed in 1985 by Komin Yamad and using the best materials and the latest manufacturing techniques, they were perfected to professionals and now the mass market. Best perk... Lifetime Warranty.

Check them out by going their website or you can click the title and it will take you to a link where I purchased them on sale!

No comments: