Thursday, May 10, 2012

STONEHOUSE FLAVORED OLIVE OILS



I've been a little obsessed with flavored olive oil. I vowed never to cook with plain olive oil or grape seed oil again. I was on a culinary adventure in LA two weeks ago with a friend from Londonm Guy Harrington, who used to be a chef. I wanted to show him that LA does have some great restaurants. Hatfields, Gjelina, Tasting Kitchen, and Companile. (we went to Bouchon and it was SUCH a dissappointment).

What was common in all the places... they used Garlic , Lemon or Basil Oil.

I went on another culinary adventure to fine the best flavored Olive Oil. I googled and went to a few places like William Sonoma and sur la table.

...STONEHOUSE was the best.

When I was the photo editor at Bon Appetit Magazine, there was a brilliant editor, Amy Albert, who did a story on this olive oil company based out of Northern California. They have a store in the ferry building.

Its affordable and they ship within a week.
After I got the oils, I have refused to eat out since everything taste so good at home now.
I made some regular spaghetti pasta with the garlic Olive Oil, a tiny bit of butter and salt and pepper. Some shaved Parmesan and fresh basil...AMAZING.

No comments: