Monday, December 07, 2009

BEDTIME STORIES


I was at my brother's house the other day with my two neices who are 8 and 5 years old. The last time I was there, I sort of made up a bedtime story using Murakami's cartoon characters, Kai Kai and Kiki. I sort of made up a story based on the video I saw, where they run away from home and get on a big blimp shaped in an animal cartoon and explore. My story progresses into sort of a Pipi Longstocking type of journey and the kids went wild. I have to find out where I can get some Pipi Longstocking movies that I watched as a kid. So the point is, now when I got to their home, they insist that I tell them more stories, especially the 5 year old. The problem is, I am so retarded and can't remember any. I found this website online that might be helpful for all you tired, parents that can't tap into your imagination by the end of the day. Check it out by clicking on the title. It may work for the smaller kids...maybe not exciting enough for the 8 year olds. Let me warn you there is nothing about Kai Kai and kiki or Pippi on this...that is up to you to read one of these and possibly create a story, but at least you can get some ideas?

No comments: