Thursday, October 11, 2007

WINE MERCHANT IN SF


I was in San Francisco this past weekend for a wedding but I had a little time to shop around in the Ferry Building. I have had a sudden interest in wine lately and I am planning a trip to Rome in a few weeks so I had to stop in at the well known Wine Merchant store to get some helpful hints from Dejah Overby, the wine manager there for a few tips.
I saw that they had a fantastic selections of wines under $20, (featured on their website), and I wanted to get some of the affordable wines back to LA to taste. Most of these wines are exclusive to them and very difficult to find, and its a nice treat to order them online, have them sent to your home for $15 or so, and impress your guests.
The ones I purchased were a few types of grapes...one in the old world and one from the new world...check them out if you are throwing a dinner party:
New World's Stephen Vincent's 2005 Crimson ($10), Old World's Le Clos Du Caillou's 2005 Cote Du Rhone ($22), New World's HEndry Ranch 2004 Pinot Noir ($20), Old World's Chateau Faure-Beausejour 2003 Gran Vin De Bordeaux, New World's Four Vines 2005 Zinfandel($10), and finally the Old World's Le Sciare 2003 Salento Primitivo ($14).Purchase these by clicking on the title above.

No comments: