Saturday, October 06, 2012

BUZZKILL

Hey guys, I been sidetracked lately and have been neglecting my blog lately due to the fact that my dad, who was in remission from Colon Cancer last year, unfortunately was diagnosed with Non Hodgins Lymphoma. Buzzkill. I remember earlier this year being so facinated by the Good Morning America Show, with Robin Roberts. She had just had a fight with breast cancer, and then she got a form of Lymphoma as well. I remember just looking at her on tv, and thinking it must be aweful and man...how does she do it and go on tv everyday. Then, once it happens to you...its like holy shit. My dad was in shock, since Lymphoma is one of the strange cancers that come out of nowhere. His only symptoms was that he was getting tiny little rashes on his face. He didn't get all the others, like swollen glands, night sweats... Lymphoma. It has no discrimination in age...alot of young people randomly get it and my dad, who is 73 got it after being in remission from Colon Cancer. We're not sure where it came from. It could have been in his system prior to being diagnosed with the colon cancer, it could have come from an infection...it could have been all the japanese produced products he eats from the Earthquake almost a year ago and the foods...we are not sure. But he has it and we have to figure out what to do. We caught it at an somewhat early stage, we started chemotherapy the day after the biopsy and the diagnosis was given. Its been a whirlwind but its seems that life is like this and shit seems to always happen randomly and so we deal with it and figure it out. So knowing that my dad has another life threatening disease, I have decided to move in with him for a few months and take him through the chemo process. My mom has to take his duties and take care of the family businesses, so I am lucky to be the one to chill with him as long as he wants to stick around and fight. He's a fighter. So back to this blog. I don't have time to shop, or eat, or do the lady of leisure things right now but I can do is take you through what I've been doing daily, or looking up... so those of you who are also just finding out that you or one of your friends or relatives might have been diagnosed with cancer, has a "411" on what they are doing. This is also for me...general information for myself so that I can keep a log of what we are doing, but also for those of you who are dealing with it too, so you can see what a person has to do to survive it. He's done it once, we think that he can do it again. We have an amazing doctor, someone that was the right fit for my pops. The most famous doctors are not necessarily the best doctors for you/a friend/a parent. The best doctor is someone that is highly recommended, has a good record of cancer patients that have survived and that are happy, that attends to the patient in a fast manner, and isn't to famous or busy that doesn't have time, and finally, one that gives patients hope and encouragement to fight. I guess like a good teacher in general... THERE IS SO MUCH SCARY INFO...on the web that will freak you out. Please check with your doctor on the correct and educated websites. HEre are a few that our doc gave us: http://www.cancer.net/plwc/Home http://www.cancer.gov/ http://www.cancer.org

No comments: