Sunday, June 19, 2011

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY YOUNG IK SUH










Its father's day. A special day for me this year, and in fact every year.

My dad, Young Ik Suh has had an amazing life and has inspired and done some great things for so many people.

When I analyze my personality to his... we seem so different. He is a powerful man, a person of few words until the words need to be said. He like to stay quiet to hear every one's point of view, but in the end, his always come through loud and clear with so few words.

He is very generous man, but he is a firm believer in kindness, fairness, modesty and justice and has told me always to stay away from people or places that don't believe in these things. These are hard things to remember when you are teen seeking fun in the suburbs, a ambitious young professional in New York trying to get ahead at conde nast and all its slippery and tempting ways, or even now, as a grown woman driving on Wilshire in afternoon hectic traffic having to deal with some mean ass drivers and reminding myself that road rage is not worth the energy.

I do see a few things that I got from my dad...its the fairness thing. I don't lie, steal, cheat or turn someone down if they need help... unless they lack the qualities that are deserving and are self centered. If someone is being thrown under the bus, and I can help it, I am the person that will come in and make an ass out of myself to help that person much like he would. I thank him for a fearlessness that he has given to me.

That is why most of us love our dad's I guess. They have a little voice in our heads that guide us to be good.

No comments: