Wednesday, March 02, 2011

REDESIGN ON A DIME







Last night, my friend Nina asked me to go to a design party with her. Traditional home has hired Michelle Adams of Lonny Magazine, (my favorite magazine out right now...which is an online only mag) to do a partnership where she is guest editing a few issues for the online launch of the magazine. I am really excited to see what she and her partner Patrick do with it. I was lucky enough to meet this genius of a lady on the Nate Berkus show in November. We were both guests on the show, and she was cool as a cucumber and I was very nervous and it was really embarrassing but she was able to sort of settle me down a bit before my segment.

I have been SO INSPIRED by Lonny and most recently Rue magazine that I decided that I needed another redesign. I'm going to call it Redesign on a dime. I have been wanting to change the bedroom for about a year now, but couldn't quite come up with what I wanted to do. I think I decided that I need a sexier bedroom. The bedroom I Have now is really serene and calming but I am bored. I am going to go with either black or dark dark grey. I know what you are thinking...just stop. Check these photos out and also look on Lonny and Rue and you will see that are we not sick of these chic white spaces yet? Should we take a risk and go a little nuts? I think Kelly Wearstler, another hero of mine, was on to something 10 years ago.

Below is Rue Magazine's link and if you click on the title above, it will take you to Lonny.

http://www.ruemag.com/gallery/bedrooms/

No comments: