Monday, December 18, 2006

BLACK FOREST


When I was about 7 years old, my brother Wil and I would terrorize my mother. We were bad kids. She sometimes would try and frighten us in hopes that we would behave. She made us some story about the "black forest" and said she was going take us there if we continued to be bad. We didn't believe her and would just fight and scream and not eat. One night my mom had a meltdown because we wouldn't go to bed and she put us in the car and drove a few miles from where we lived...she told us to get out, which we did, and she drove off. Black Forest. It was real. Needless to say about 5 minutes later, she came back and we were crying and promised to be good. Since that night, if were were being bad again, two words would shut us up... When I saw these plates, made me laugh...and also, I have to confirm that the Black Forest does exist.
This Black Forest line was designed by Bodo Sperlein for Dibbern. I like the dinnerplates which cost about $82 on lilleashop.com.

No comments: