Saturday, May 17, 2008

RACONTEURS




I have been obsessed with the Consolers of the Lonely Cd by the Raconteurs. People are starting to give me alot of lip cause I keep playing it over and over again.
Photographer, Autumn De Wilde who I worked with last year on a shoot turned me onto them and my boyfriend Lucas, bought me the Cd when it first came out. I know all of you music buffs have been there and done that since 2006, but I think this is one of the greatest band out there (why is everyone in love with Vampire Weekend)...Jack White is just down right cool and he just gets it.
The band is made up of old friends which makes me like them even more. Jack White fromt the White Stripes, Brendan Benson on guitar, Jack Lawrence from Greenhornes on bass, and finally Patrick Keeler on drums also from the Greenhornes. They were originally called the Saboteurs I read but changed their name. The other cd that came out, Broken Boy Soldiers is also just totally electrifying. Check them out by clicking on the title and listening to a few songs. Their website is very 80's cool and takes some thought.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, granted, he's obviously a genius. but why can't we like both?! Oxford Comma is smart! although I have to admit, I liked it better wehn I thought he was saying "who gives a f- about an ounce of karma?"