Monday, June 04, 2007

COSTA RICA




I just got back from a intense surf retreat in Costa Rica. I wanted to go and learn how to surf.

I stayed at this hotel and across the street was a great surf school called Safari Surf school. You can check them out but I am really glad that I stayed at the Harmony Hotel. Its an eco-friendly hotel, with the most amazing staff and the nicest rooms in the area of Noscara. I made some great friends...Marian, a investment banker from NYC and Liz, a lawyer from SF. They both went to the surf camp alone to surf, and they inspired me to travel alone more often. I don't usually travel alone, but I see that it can be more fun and the amount of people you meet is unbelieveable!
Regarding the surf, it was the best beach to learn, the waves were perfect, 3-6 feet, lefts and rights. I caught my first overhead, and considering that I was scared to death to paddle out to the outside.


Check out the website. You can tell from my pedicure that I was beaten up from all the surfing, but I have to say, its was one of the most amazing trips I have been on in years. Costa Rica is amazing.

No comments: